Want to be your own boss, grow your business on your terms, and earn money right away? When you sign up to become a HOMEE Pro, you can accept jobs on-demand or create your own schedule and go online whenever you want.
What we'll cover:
Applying to Become a Pro
Before you can join the HOMEE Pro network, you must fill out an application on the HOMEE website, or in the HOMEE Pro app. You'll need to download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play store.
For the initial application, enter your first and last name, email address, zip code, phone number, and select whether you own a smartphone, your own set of tools, and a vehicle (van, truck, or trailer). This, as well as passing a background check, are the minimum requirements that Pros must meet to take jobs on the HOMEE network. If you don’t meet these requirements, we will not be able to accept your application. If you do, you’ll proceed to the next phase of registration.
For the final application, we want to get to know you a little better and understand the types of work that you specialize in and your experience, availability, certifications, employees (if relevant), and insurance situation. Once you submit this information, our team will review your full application and reach out to continue the screening process. If you're a good fit, you'll receive an email from our team to claim your Pro account.
Please keep in mind that even if you have the needed skills to join our network, we also take a close look at the supply and demand of the market you’re in during our vetting process. If requests are light in your area, we’ll wait to add additional Pros to avoid saturating the market.
Claiming and Setting up Your Account
You’ve been qualified! Now it’s time to create your official HOMEE Pro account and submit your background check. From your mobile device, click the activation link in the email we sent you. Ensure you have the HOMEE Pro app downloaded before you click the activation link because clicking the link will automatically open the HOMEE Pro app.
- Enter a strong password, then tap Next.
- Select how you heard about us, then tap Next.
- Review the Getting Started screen, then tap Next.
The Getting Started screen provides helpful information on the documents you’ll need to have ready to complete the sign-up process.
- Select your language preference.
- Enter your first, middle, and last names, mailing address, phone number, and date of birth, then tap Next.
Check your text messages for a verification code.
- Enter your code.
- Select a pro type.
– Individual Provider – you work for yourself.
– Company Owner – you have a company, and maybe employees too. If you select this option, you’ll need to enter company details like name, address, EIN, bank account information, and set up your notification preferences. This adds a company to your account.
– Employee – you work for a company and get paid by them. If you select this option, enter the company code provided by your employer.
- Select how you want to verify your identity, then tap Take Photo to upload a picture of the front of your ID. If everything is clear and no information is covered, tap Next.
- Tap Take Photo to upload your official profile photo.
Profile photos are very important. This will be the first impression that consumers have of you, so make sure the image is professional (no hats, sunglasses, or headgear), taken in a well-lit area, and is of YOU, not your ID.
- Enter your social security number, then tap Next.
- Review the Background Check Disclosure, then tap I Agree. If you want a copy, select the Send a copy of my background check box.
- Tap Add Services, then select a service.
- Enter your years of experience, add licenses (if relevant), then select the types of jobs you want to take within that service area. Choosing the right services dictates the types of job requests sent your way. You can add all your services now or do this later under your profile.
- Done adding services? Tap Next.
- Select whether you have General Liability Insurance.
– If Yes, continue adding your own insurance.
– If No, you’ll need to either buy an annual policy or opt-in to our short duration per job insurance. Learn about getting insurance coverage.
– If you are an employee, you're covered by your company owner's insurance.
Once you create an account, you’ll need to pass your background check and ID verification before you can go online and start taking jobs. Learn how the background check process works and how to check your status below.