To ensure the safety of our consumers, Pros must consent to and clear a background check before they can begin taking jobs on the HOMEE network. We require Pros to take a background check each year.
Things you need to know:
During registration, you will be asked to provide your address, social security number, and date of birth. This information is used to complete your background check; your credit will not be affected.
Once you’ve entered the information above and consent to the background check, Checkr, our background check partner, will begin searching national and state criminal databases. Rest assured, your social security information is passed directly to Checkr and not stored in our database.
How it Works
When you sign up to become a Pro, we will submit a background check for you free of charge. If our initial search doesn't return any red flags, HOMEE will pre-clear you to go online and accept jobs while we complete your full criminal background check. If the full background check does not clear, we will take you offline and run through the existing adjudication process.
To ensure the safety and trust of our consumers, we enroll those who pass the background check in continuous checks. This subscription service notifies us in real-time of any reportable changes to the criminal records of registered Pros.
Background checks can be cleared within minutes or take up to 3 days depending on how many countries and states you have lived. Because of COVID-19, some background checks may take up to two weeks to complete.
You can check your background check status at any time under the background check section in your profile. Checkr categorizes background checks into the following statuses:
- Pending: your background check is processing.
- Cleared: you passed your background check and can go online and begin taking jobs.
- Considered: an issue was found with your background check, and your account needs to be further considered. Checkr will send you an email directly with the next steps.
- Declined: you did not pass your background check and will not be able to go online and take jobs. Checkr will send you an email directly with additional information.
- Expiring: your background check is expiring soon and will need to be resubmitted so that your account isn't taken offline.
- Expired: your background check is expired and needs to be resubmitted and approved before you can go online again.
- Suspended: your background check is temporarily suspended.